CCOG for ID 130 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- ID 130
- Course Title:
- Building Systems for Interior Design
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Create interior design remodeling solutions that are compliant with national, state and local building codes.
- Create design solutions with sustainable building criteria from schematic design to construction.
- Apply best practices of building systems in interior design.
Interior designers must be knowledgeable about current buildings systems and the impact these systems have on interior design remodeling projects. Those same designers must understand national, state and local residential building codes. This course seeks to give students of interior design a deep understanding of building system integration.
Course Activities and Design
Quizzes and Exams on lecture materials
Diagrams of the integration of building systems
Group projects to replicate the interior design remodeling processes.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Quizzes and Exam graded on a point system
Rubrics to be used for presentations in diagrammatic form
Rubrics to be used to evaluate group projects
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Course materials and concepts will be presented in a lecture and discussion format, using multimedia presentations that show examples of structural systems.
- Students will work in small groups to apply concepts to building examples, in selecting and analyzing building systems.
- Tests will cover analysis of building systems within sample building.