CCOG for ID 128 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- ID 128
- Course Title:
- Digital Rendering and Presentation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces the skills necessary for the use of computer software programs used for architectural design processes and presentation techniques. Prerequisites: ID 127 or ARCH 127 or ARCH 237, and (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Design and produce a multi-layered document using industry-standard software.
- Produce final design layouts using industry-standard software Adobe InDesign at an introductory level.
Course Activities and Design
- In class exercises to develop familiarity with the program.
- Exercise on typology and text communication.
- Assignments on layers and understanding how to add color and texture information to architectural design documents.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students are evaluated on successful material communication in their final documents.
- Students are evaluated on successful communication of color and concept in their final documents.
- Students are evaluated on the correct format of their final documents using the layers and layout necessary for professional Photoshop and InDesign documents.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Design Communication
- Integration of Design and Technology
- Correct color representation in architectural drawings.
- Simplifying a complex computer application for an introductory course.
- Furthering design development through the specifics of color, texture and materials.