CCOG for HIM 282 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- HIM 282
- Course Title:
- Healthcare Statistics
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Read, understand and use basic descriptive, institutional and healthcare statistics.
- Apply graphical tools for statistical data.
- Explain qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and how they're used in healthcare.
- Perform calculations and create appropriate graphs to display information.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students:
- Answer theoretical and application questions on information covered in the lecture, graded assignments and reading assignments.
- Complete an analysis of death rates in the United States from 1900-present and answer questions using the analysis.
- Generate a report from a federal or state database of health care data.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
To complete the outcomes the student must have skills and knowledge in:
- communication techniques
- information technologies
- health record content
- healthcare facility organization
- critical thinking
- database research
- Internet search techniques
- rates, ratios, and percentages
- vital statistics
- data displays
- descriptive health care statistics
- data quality
- data sets
- health information management software