CCOG for HIM 271 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- HIM 271
- Course Title:
- Quality Improvement in Healthcare
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Identify ways to prepare the organization for accreditation, licensure, and certification.
- Use data from facility-wide outcomes reporting for quality management and performance improvement.
- Explain how the utilization review and case management processes affect the revenue cycle.
- Analyze data and utilize tools to monitor, report, and improve processes in support of executive decision making.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students:
- Answer theoretical and application questions on information covered in the lecture, graded assignment and reading assignments.
- Complete a variety of work assignments to demonstrate understanding of basic concepts.
- Be able to work on a group project and communicate project to remainder of class.
- Demonstrate ability to appropriately prepare and edit written communications and medical reports.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Subject Matter, Concepts, Themes, Issues:
The following list outlines the concepts, themes and issues you need to understand and be able to use appropriately. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your understanding in written and oral form, individually and in groups. See attached.