CCOG for HIM 262 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- HIM 262
- Course Title:
- HIM Professional Practice Lab 3
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Determine diagnosis and procedure codes according to official guidelines.
- Evaluate revenue cycle processes and compliance with regulatory requirements and reimbursement methodologies.
- Demonstrate fundamental leadership skills using behaviors that embrace cultural diversity.
- Identify human resource strategies for organizational best practices and the impact of organizational change.
- Utilize data-driven performance improvement techniques for decision making.
- Utilize financial management processes.
- Identify processes of workforce training for healthcare operations.
Course Activities and Design
Students will complete hands-on real-world activities using academic electronic health record and encoder resources, and word processing, spreadsheet and database software. They will complete activities that prepare them for the on-site directed practice experience. There will be teamwork activities.