CCOG for HIM 261 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- HIM 261
- Course Title:
- HIM Professional Practice Lab 2
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Explain the use of classification systems, clinical vocabularies, and nomenclatures and apply to the exchange of health information.
- Apply privacy and security strategies to health information.
- Demonstrate compliance throughout the health information life cycle, including compliance with external forces, applying legal processes impacting health information.
- Apply health informatics concepts to the management of health information.
- Identify the components of risk management related to health information management.
- Assess ethical standards of practice.
Course Activities and Design
Students will complete hands-on real-world activities using academic electronic health record and encoder resources, and word processing, spreadsheet and database software. They will complete activities that prepare them for the on-site directed practice experience. There will be teamwork activities.