CCOG for HIM 136 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- HIM 136
- Course Title:
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Use an understanding of best documentation practice in medication orders to educate staff.
- Apply the knowledge of medication and documentation practice to interpret, communicate and enter medication orders into the health record.
- Initiate an action plan when documentation errors are discovered.
- Apply knowledge of the United States DEA and prescription drug labeling requirements to ensure patient safety.
- Apply knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medical science and health record content when interpreting information documented in a health record.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students:
1. Answer theoretical and application multiple choice questions on information covered in lecture and reading assignments.
To complete the outcomes students will have skills and knowledge in:
Anatomy and physiology
Health record content
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)