Course Content and Outcomes Guide for GEO 280A Effective Spring 2021
- Course Number:
- GEO 280A
- Course Title:
- CE: Geography
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of Cooperative Education: Geography Experience students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how Geographic principles are applied in their area of involvement.
- Demonstrate successful completion of the applied assignment.
- Communicate effectively, at their level, about what they learned as a result of their involvement.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of the concepts described in the required competencies by any combination of the following:
- Regular attendance and participation in the field assignment.
- Portfolio of completed work.
- Field assessment of the student's work.
- Instructor conferences.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues:
- Ethical Conduct, including Work Ethic
- Applying Principles of Geography
- Skills/Abilities (Transferable, Adaptive, Task Specific)
- Effective Written and Oral Communication
Competencies and Skills:
- Communicate effectively about the knowledge and skills attained as a result of the experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purposes of the applied working environment in which they were involved.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what is required to be successful in the applied working environment in which they were involved.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how Geographic knowledge, skills, and abilities are utilized in the applied working environment.