CCOG for FT 105 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- FT 105
- Course Title:
- Exercise Prescription
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Select appropriate exercise training programming based on assessment results, medical history and goals of the client.
- Develop an individual exercise plan using the frequency, intensity, time, and type principles based on assessment results, medical history and goals of the client.
- Demonstrate and instruct a client on how to perform exercises safely and effectively.
- Monitor client technique and response to exercise and modify when necessary.
- Solicit client feedback and satisfaction based on program implementation and client goals for review and modification.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Written programming: cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility and body composition goals
Practical fitness assessments
Mock Sessions – personal trainer, coaching
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Teaching techniques and communication
Program adherence and motivation
Basic principles for exercise program design
Cardiovascular exercise programming
Muscular strength and endurance programming
Flexibility & Balance programming