CCOG for FT 104 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- FT 104
- Course Title:
- Fitness Assessment
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Develop, demonstrate, and implement appropriate fitness assessments for the healthy population.
- Interpret fitness assessment results accurately for varied healthy adult populations.
- Conduct and interpret appropriate pre-test screening tools for an apparently healthy client.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
• Lab assignments • Exams and quizzes • Practical skill evaluations • Attendance and participation records
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Describe the health benefits of physical fitness. 2. Administer appropriate health screening and evaluation of health risks for clients for exercise testing and exercise programming. 3. Apply ACSM Guidelines to exercise testing when designing an appropriate protocol for health-related physical fitness testing. 4. Identify safe and appropriate testing methods, evaluate contraindications to testing, and determine if modifications are necessary. 5. Communicate effectively with clients regarding testing administration, guidelines, purpose, and interpretation. 6. Describe normal and abnormal cardiovascular responses to an exercise testing bout in terms of heart rate and blood pressure. 7. Conduct both field and laboratory tests of cardiovascular fitness (sub-maximal), muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, and body composition. 8. Identify skill-related components of physical fitness.