CCOG for FMT 177 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- FMT 177
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Applied Technologies for the Trades
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
FMT 177 provides a very broad exposure to the most current technologies important for the Tradesperson. The Instruction is basic, fundamental, and introductory.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Use Microsoft Excel and Word at an introductory level to create documents appropriate for the intended audience.
- Demonstrate introductory level knowledge of direct digital controls, the micrologic used in programmable logical controllers, a virtual learning platform, and a virtual reality/augmented reality platform.
- Demonstrate introductory level knowledge of the programming languages used in Mechatronics and in CNC applications.
- Demonstrate introductory level knowledge of software and computer applications used in construction, construction scheduling, business communications and record keeping and for equipment planned and predictive maintenance including Zoom, Google Meets, and Skype.
Course Activities and Design
The course content will be delivered in a mostly lecture format augmented by demonstrations of micro electronic hardware and software for each subject.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Outcomes Assessment wil be accomplished by a series of short quizzes in each specific subject area.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Basic instruction in:
VR and AR
Software for Construction Management and Scheduling
Applications for Business Communications