CCOG for ESOL 102B Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- ESOL 102B
- Course Title:
- Integrated Skills Intermediate Beginner 2
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Continues developing intermediate-beginning English reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for international students. Promotes the process of combining knowledge, skills, and problem-solving strategies. Prerequisites: ESOL 102A and ESOL placement test within the past 12 months OR instructor permission.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Read, understand, and respond to level-appropriate text.
- Write six to eight related sentences in paragraph form with minimal errors.
- Manage a wider variety of basic interactions in the present tense and with a limited number of past tense verbs.
- Arrive in class on time with the necessary materials, exhibit appropriate classroom behavior, and complete homework assignments.
- Improve use of language lab software, the internet, voice-mail and keyboarding skills learned in ESOL 102A to continually develop English language skills.
Course Activities and Design
- Short lectures and explanations
- Readings appropriate to the level
- One-paragraph writing assignments
- Listening activities and exercises
- Short conversation practice
- Pronunciation activities and exercises
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Short quizzes, including spelling tests
- Comprehensive tests
- In class writing assignments
- Informal oral assessment
- Completion of homework
- In class attendance and participation
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Speaking and pronunciation
- Study Skills
- American culture