CCOG for EM 280A Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- EM 280A
- Course Title:
- CE: Emergency Management
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Recent training for Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT) or Neighborhood Emergency Teams (NET) may be included as cooperative education activities.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills learned in the Emergency Management program and cooperative work experience to the workplace.
- Meet learning outcomes as mutually agreed upon by the student, instructor and supervisor in advance through a written learning contract, and as appropriate to the credit awarded for this course.
Course Activities and Design
This course is presented in an interactive style. Participants are required to complete forms for insurance and liability purposes and to arrange cooperative education activities. Written documentation of all activities is required. An appropriate trainee position must be obtained by the student and be approved by the instructor and cooperative education specialist.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate learning outcomes by completing these tasks:
- Completing Training Agreement & Learning Objectives prior to registration
- Write learning objectives and identify related activities at the beginning of the work experience with guidance from the work site supervisor and instructor
- Written documentation of all activities will be required in appropriate detail to exhibit a basic understanding of the skills used.
- Consistently work the agreed upon hours and engage in the identified activities
- Participate in an end of term evaluation process. Work site supervisors will compete an evaluation of the student's performance and meet with the student and the cooperative education specialist.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Competencies and Skills
- Identify areas for skill development
- Enhance competencies
- Identify areas for improvement of career relevant attitudes and practices
- Make decisions
- Organize information
- Synthesize information
- Analyze self
Concepts, Themes, Issues
- Become aware of the importance of personal traits in performing effectively as an Emergency Manager.
- Set and work toward job-related goals
- Meet Learning Objectives
- Perform self evaluation
Copyright © 2000-2014 Portland Community College