CCOG for ELT 220 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- ELT 220
- Course Title:
- OSHA 30 Hr Safety Training
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
At the conclusion of the class, the student should have the information and knowledge required to be certified in 30-hour Construction Occupational Safety and Health Training. Students must attend 30 hours of classroom time and pass final exam to receive completion card.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA standards and General Duty Clauses.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of general safety & health provisions.
- Identify health hazards in construction.
- Demonstrate the basics of fall protection and prevention.
- Demonstrate electrical safety including lockout/tag-out and protective grounding equipment.
- Demonstrate overhead protection using identifying signs, signals, and barricades.
- Demonstrate proper material handling, rigging, storage, use, and disposal of most hazardous materials
Course Activities and Design
This course will be presented by means of lectures and homework utilizing the course book Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry. The course will include demonstration/hands on, discussions and videos.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
At the beginning of the course, the instructor will detail methods to evaluate student progress and the criteria for assigning a final grade.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The course is mostly lecture with appropriate demonstrations covering OSHA standards and General Duty Clauses, general safety & health provisions, health hazards in construction,fall protection and prevention, electrical safety including lockout/tagout and protective grounding equipment,overhead protection, identify signs, signals and barricades.material handling, rigging, storage, use and disposal of. most hazardous materials