CCOG for EET 261 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- EET 261
- Course Title:
- Medical Imaging Equipment
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Analyze the key clinical needs that medical imaging equipment addresses, both from a diagnostic and therapeutic perspective.
- Perform operation, troubleshooting, routine preventive maintenance, and safety inspections for medical imaging equipment.
- Identify key medical imaging technology characteristics, method of measurement and/or therapy.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students will complete assignments, projects, take tests and other activities over the lectured material.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Fundamental technology review of medical imaging equipment.
Technical and User literature review for medical imaging equipment.
Regulatory codes and compliance requirements for hospitals as it relates to medical imaging equipment.
Basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance as well as root cause analysis for equipment failures for the following equipment:
radiographic and fluoroscopic, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, positive emission tomography, linear accelerator, mammography, c-arm systems, DR/CR systems
Biomed Customer Service best practices in Imaging
Lock-out / Tag-out for imaging