CCOG for EET 260 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- EET 260
- Course Title:
- Biomedical Equipment I
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces the fundamentals of medical instrumentation, bioelectric signals and electrodes, recording systems, biomedical recorders, patient monitoring systems, arrhythmia and ambulatory monitoring instruments, fetal monitoring instruments, biomedical telemetry and telemedicine, oximeters, blood flowmeter, cardiac output measurement, pulmonary function analyzers, laboratory equipment, audiometers, and patient safety. Prerequisites: EET 123, MP 111 and (BI 120 or BI 122 or BI 233). Prerequisites/concurrent: EET 221. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Evaluate, calibrate, operate and maintain biomedical equipment.
- Perform safety inspections on biomedical equipment.
- Make repairs to biomedical equipment as needed.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students will have hands-on projects to study and troubleshoot medical equipment.
- Students will take quizzes over the lectured material
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- The Human Body: Overview
- Introduction to Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurement
- Operating and Service Literature from biomedical equipment manufacturers
- MS Powerpoint© presentation handouts
- Regulatory and compliance texts