CCOG for EET 178 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- EET 178
- Course Title:
- Computing Environments for Technicians
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who complete the course should be able to:
- Identify the purpose of, and physically locate, all the major components within a computing system in order to troubleshoot, repair or replace parts.
- Use shell commands and scripting languages for applications prototyping and development.
- Write short programs to solve electronics problems and format information.
- Apply the basic operations of computer networks including commonly used transmission media.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment methods will be defined by the instructor during the first week
of class. Typically, in-class quizzes, online quizzes, exams, and homework assignments
will be used. laboratory assessment will be by reports and/or practical
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Basic Linux OS
- Program Structure
- Control Structures
- Structs and Classes Introduction
- PC Hardware
- Processors, Memory, Motherboards and Power
- Storage devices
- Networking and Security