CCOG for EET 122 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- EET 122
- Course Title:
- Digital Systems 2: Computing Systems
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Use electrical digital systems to store, move and calculate data.
- Build and simulate electrical digital systems circuits and perform measurements with electronic test equipment.
- Write instructions in an integrated development environment (IDE) to simulate the storage, movement and calculation of data.
- Write technical reports using collected experiment data.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment methods are to be determined by the instructor. Typically, in-class quizzes, online quizzes, exams and weekly homework assignments will be used. Laboratory assessment will be by reports and/or practical skills testing.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Programmable Logic Devices
Introduction to VHDL
Flip-Flops and Related Devices
Counters and Registers
Introduction to State Machines
Integrated Circuit Logic Families
Introduction to Mixed-Signals