CCOG for ECE 200 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 200
- Course Title:
- The Professional in Early Education and Family Studies
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Prepare a Professional Folio highlighting accomplishments, memberships, personal philosophies, ethics, and advocacy tied to the field of early childhood education.
- Explore career employment opportunities in the field of early childhood education.
- Review and practice advocacy strategies.
- Resolve ethical dilemmas using the NAEYC Code of Ethics.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Create a Professional Folio including:
Personal philosophy of Early Childhood Education
2. Present a group project.
3. Participate in and reflect on a professional development opportunity.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
1. History of Early Childhood Education.
2. Current issues and research in ECE.
3. Ethical and legal issues.
4. Resumes and job application skills.
5. Advocacy skills.
6. Resources for teachers, children, and families.
7. Program models and philosophies.
8. Career opportunities