CCOG for ECE 200 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 200
- Course Title:
- The Professional in Early Education and Family Studies
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Requirement for a Certificate Level II in Early childhood Education and Associate of Applied Science Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Describe historical and current influences on the early childhood education field.
- Assess their current personal place in the ECE field.
- Formulate a professional plan for their future role in the ECE field.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Create a professional portfolio including:
Personal philosophy of Early Childhood Education
2. Present a group project.
3. Participate in and reflect on a professional development opportunity.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
1. History of Early Childhood Education.
2. Current issues and research in ECE.
3. Ethical and legal issues.
4. Resumes and job application skills.
5. Advocacy skills.
6. Resources for teachers, children, and families.
7. Program models and philosophies.
8. Career opportunities
Competencies and Skills
1. Ability to locate community resources for teachers, children,
2. Plan collaboratively
3. Select, organize, and retrieve data.
4. Synthesize information.
5. Research and reflect on professional development opportunities.