CCOG for ECE 171B Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 171B
- Course Title:
- Preschool Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the courses students will be able to:
- Identify the difference between Positive Behavioral Intervention Support and discipline methods appropriate for preschool age children.
- Identify the steps of the Positive Behavioral Intervention Support process.
- Define the purposes of challenging behavior and describe approaches that may be used to determine the meaning of challenging behavior in preschool age children.
- Describe strategies that may be used to prevent challenging behavior.
- Identify alternatives to replace challenging behavior.
- Identify how to respond to challenging behavior in ways that do not reinforce it.
Course Activities and Design
• Individual reading assignment
• Small and large group discussions
• Lecture wrapper (students are asked to identify three important concepts from lecture)
• Collaborative groups
• Lecture or mini lecture
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Describe how Positive Behavior Support has impacted the students understanding of challenging behaviors?