CCOG for ECE 131B Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 131B
- Course Title:
- Practicum for Experienced Teachers 2
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Provide appropriate care and education to children from birth through age 5 using an understanding of children’s characteristics and needs.
- Interact with children appropriately and effectively using an understanding of diverse family characteristics.
- Support the development of children using appropriate observation, documentation, and other assessment tools and approaches.
Course Activities and Design
Actively participate in seminar discussions and activities.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Review collected materials for a professional portfolio documenting achievement of the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Integrating knowledge of child development and learning;
- Family and community relationships;
- Observation, documentation, and assessment;
- Developmentally effective approaches;
- The use of content to build meaningful curriculum;