CCOG for ECE 130C Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- ECE 130C
- Course Title:
- Practicum Seminar 3
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Builds on the previous practicum and seminar experiences to review the advanced skills necessary for supporting the total development of children, ages 6 weeks to 6 years. Focuses on the role of the teacher in implementing a developmental program of early childhood education. Approved practicum application required. Prerequisites: ECE 130B, ECE 134, (ECE 122I and ECE 123P), and department permission, (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Corequisites: ECE 135.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Reflect on advanced level instructional strategies, interactions with children and families, and curriculum development based on experiences from the first term of practicum.
Course Activities and Design
- Actively participate in the seminar discussions and activities.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Assessed on assigned activities, discussions and assignments
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Integrating knowledge of child development and learning;
- Family and community relationships;
- Observation, documentation, and assessment;
- Developmentally effective approaches;
- The use of content to build meaningful curriculum;