CCOG for ECE 130B Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 130B
- Course Title:
- Practicum Seminar 2
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Builds off the previous practicum and seminar experiences to review the more advanced skills necessary for supporting the total development of children, ages 6 weeks to 6 years. Focuses on the role of the teacher in implementing a developmental program of early childhood education in two interdependent components: seminar and practicum. Prerequisites: ECE 130A, and (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Corequisites: ECE 131B and ECE 134.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Collect and represent documentation of standard achievement as specified in the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
- Discuss working with children using appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in a practicum setting.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Assessed on assigned activities, discussions and assignments
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Integrating knowledge of child development and learning;
- Family and community relationships;
- Observation, documentation, and assessment;
- Developmentally effective approaches;
- The use of content to build meaningful curriculum;