CCOG for ECE 104 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 104
- Course Title:
- Gender and Sexuality in Early Childhood
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces the development of sexuality and gender from birth to age eight. Examines gender creativity and fluidity, including how to work with young children and families in an early childhood environment. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify, define, and differentiate gender identity, gender expression, gender role, gender creativity, gender fluidity, and sexuality in young children.
- Identify and apply an understanding of the developmental nature of gender and sexuality into work with young children and families.
- Examine gender and sexuality bias based on personal experience and how biases affect work with young children and families.
Course Activities and Design
- Small and large group discussion
- Group interactive participation
- Reflective papers
- Final presentation
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Final presentation or essay
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Early Childhood birth to 8-years