CCOG for DST 270 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- DST 270
- Course Title:
- Caterpillar Electric Power Generation Internship
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Students must have secured an internship from an approved Caterpillar dealership.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Meet goals and learning objectives as mutually agreed upon by the student, instructor, and supervisor in advance through a written contract, and as appropriate to the credit awarded for this course.
- Function safely in a Caterpillar dealer shop environment.
- Demonstrate professional work ethics (habits).
- Demonstrate appropriate on-the-job skills directly related to the courses studied.
- Use knowledge of Caterpillar nomenclature and the structure and culture of a dealership to function successfully during the internship.
Course Activities and Design
This course is conducted at a Caterpillar dealership. Students will be working with a mentor at a sponsoring dealership for 8 weeks. Internship length may vary. Students will be working on Caterpillar specific systems related to Electric Power Generation.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Daily / Weekly work summaries
- Supervisory evaluation
- Instructor site visits
- Mentorship evaluations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The course will consist of hands on experience in the areas studied prior to entering the internship. The student will take direction from the mentor and shop supervisor at the dealership.
Students will work at an approved Caterpillar dealership. They will be performing service related tasks defined by the instructor, the student's mentor, and the student's direct supervisor. Although the students will be working in a live shop environment, the tasks assigned will primarily be related to the previous course studied. Students must have completed the sequence courses with a minimum C grade, prior to internship. See adviser for proper courses.