CCOG for DST 150 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- DST 150
- Course Title:
- Caterpillar Service Technology Internship
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Students must have secured an internship from an approved Caterpillar dealership.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Meet goals and learning objectives as mutually agreed upon by the student, instructor and supervisor in advance through a written contract.
- Function safely in a Caterpillar dealer shop environment.
- Demonstrate professional work ethics (habits).
- Demonstrate appropriate on-the-job skills directly related to courses studied.
- Use knowledge of Caterpillar nomenclature and the structure and culture of a dealership to function successfully during the internship.
Course Activities and Design
This course is conducted at a Caterpillar dealership. Students will be working with a mentor at a sponsoring dealership for 8 weeks. Internship length may vary. Students will be working on Caterpillar specific systems.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Daily / Weekly work summaries
- Supervisory evaluation
- Instructor site visits
- Mentorship evaluations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The course will consist of hands on experience in the areas studied prior to entering the internship. The student will take direction from the mentor and shop supervisor at the dealership.
Students will work at an approved Caterpillar dealership. They will be performing service related tasks defined by the instructor, the students mentor and the students' direct supervisor. Although the students will be working in a live shop environment, the tasks assigned will primarily be related to the previous course studied. Students must have completed the sequence courses with a minimum C grade, prior to internship. See advisor for proper courses.