CCOG for DST 113 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- DST 113
- Course Title:
- Caterpillar Engine Fuel Systems
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Access and use appropriate Caterpillar Service Literature.
- Identify the components specific to each type of Caterpillar fuel system.
- Explain system operation of each type of Caterpillar fuel system.
- Perform testing and adjusting procedures on Caterpillar fuel systems.
Course Activities and Design
This is an outcome based course utilizing a lecture/lab format. This course includes videos, assignments, demonstrations, lectures and hands on learning. Course will be taught using Caterpillar equipment and curriculum.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
· Multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, short answer and essay testing
· Hands-on practical testing
· Daily lab assignments as defined by Caterpillar Curriculum / weekly and term projects
· Work ethics
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
· Caterpillar Fuel Selection, Contamination Control, and Conservation
· Fuel Calibration and Nozzle Testing
· Governors and Fuel Systems
· 1.1 and 1.2 Liter Mechanical Unit Injection Systems
· Introduction to 1.1 and 1.2 HEUI Fuel Systems
· EUI Fuel System
· 3054/3056, Nippondenso, and Zexel Fuel Systems
· Practice Safety
· Learn and practice personal safety
· Learn and practice facility safety
· Learn and practice equipment safety