CCOG for DS 205 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- DS 205
- Course Title:
- Mobile and Hydrostatic Hydraulics
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This is an outcome-based course utilizing a lecture/lab format and includes videos, written assignments, demonstrations, lectures and hands on learning. It prepares the student to diagnose and repair hydraulic and hydro-static systems in an industrial environment.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Apply hydraulic systems knowledge to equipment applications for maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Diagnose, test, repair and maintain mobile hydraulic and hydrostatic equipment.
- Research and locate repair literature.
- Interpret and apply hydraulic schematics.
Course Activities and Design
• Disassemble, reassemble and test hydraulic and hydro-static components.
• Test, diagnose and repair hydraulic and hydro-static systems.
• Learn relationship of hydraulic and hydro-static components and system performance.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
• Written multiple choice, true/false and short answer tests.
• Hands on practical tests.
• Daily/weekly/term project portfolio.
• Work ethics
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Develop skills to disassemble, inspect, reassemble and test hydraulic and hydro-static components and understand the relationship between component failure and system operation.
• Learn about hydro-static motors, pumps and valves.
• Learn the tools necessary to diagnose and repair system components.
• Learn identification of different hydraulic and hydro-static systems.
• Learn to use the tools to repair hydraulic and hydro-static systems.
Develop Knowledge of system operation and theory.
• Learn relationship of hydraulic and hydro-static system components and theory of operation.
Skills in hydraulic and hydro-static system failure diagnosis.
• Learn to select and operate the proper diagnostic tooling.
• Learn to recognize failures and their causes.
• Learn the resources available to the technician for research and failure identification.
• Learn to troubleshoot problems using hydraulic schematics.
Practice personal safety.
• Learn and practice personal safety by wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Learn and practice shop cleanliness.
• Learn and practice tool maintenance and safety.