CCOG for DH 243 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- DH 243
- Course Title:
- DH Restorative Dentistry III
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course is part of the restorative curriculum approved by the Oregon Board of Dentistry. Completion of the full restorative certificate allows students to sit for the Western Regional Examining Restorative Board and apply for license endorsement with the State Board of Dentistry.
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Place, finish and polish of amalgam and composite restorations with beginning level clinical competency.
2. Evaluate and adjust patient’s occlusion prior to patient dismissal.
Course Activities and Design
This course is a clinical course offered in the PCC Dental Clinic.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Skill assessment on each step of restoration placement and final quality of finished restoration. Student must meet minimum standard of 75%.
2. Student self-assessment and reflection each clinic period.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Concepts, Themes and Issues:
Management of restorative dentistry
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Competencies and Skills:
Demonstrates proper rubber dam, matrix band and wedge placement
Demonstrate knowledge in composite and shade selection and acid etch and dental bonding procedures.
Accurately places bases, liners or varnishes as required.
Correctly places, carves, polishes and finishes amalgam and composite restorations on patients.
Evaluate and adjust occlusion for each restoration placed.
Uses proper handling of hazardous waste.