Course Content and Outcomes Guide for HIM 290 Effective Fall 2021
- Course Number:
- HIM 290
- Course Title:
- HIM Teams and Training
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Organize and facilitate meetings including the use of presentation tools.
- Explain the methodology of training and development.
Use project management methodologies in team assignment.
- Apply the fundamentals of team leadership.
- Explain the impact of change on people, processes and systems when implementing changes.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with outer students:
- Answer theoretical and application questions on information covered in the lecture, graded assignments and reading assignments.
- Prepare information for health information training sessions for health care professionals and for the consumer.
- Participate in teams to prepare training materials on how to perform assigned tasks within a health information management department..
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
To complete the outcomes in this course students must have skills in:
- Health record content
- Health care facilities and professionals
- Federal and state regulations for health records
- Joint Commission documentation standards
- Accrediting agencies documentation standards
- Medical terminology
- Written and oral communication
- Personal Health Records
- Privacy rules and regulations