CCOG for HIM 105 Spring 2023
- Course Number:
- HIM 105
- Course Title:
- Ancillary Information Analysis
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Develops knowledge of health care ancillary services, laboratory tests, and imaging services. Prerequisites: HIM 110, HIM 120. Corequisites: HIM 107. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of various providers and disciplines, to support clinical documentation requirements.
- Identify diagnostic procedures and new diagnostic technologies being used in the United States.
- Research and access reference materials to obtain information on diagnostic technology.
Course Activities and Design
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students:
- Answer theoretical and application multiple choice questions on information covered in the lecture and reading assignments.
- Complete a variety of work assignments to demonstrate understanding of basic concepts.
- Select the correct diagnosis of a patient given the patient’s diagnostic test results.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Understanding the functions and organization of the imaging and laboratory department.
- Identify and understand the most current diagnostic tests and studies associated with the following body systems: