CCOG for FT 101 Spring 2023
- Course Number:
- FT 101
- Course Title:
- Exploring Exercise Science Careers
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Research and apply data to choose a career path in the exercise science and fitness industry.
- Use current trends to determine valid application of motor skill movement.
- Teach a physical activity and movement class.
- Identify and apply skill sets for self promotion in the exercise science and fitness industry.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
• Attendance and participation records • Class presentations • Research papers • Critical analysis of material • Written Midterm
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Access and interpret articles in exercise science/fitness professional journals. 2. Recognize differences in personality types so as to communicate effectively with others. 3. Compare and contrast exercise/fitness facilities using predetermined criteria. 4. Explore careers in the exercise and fitness field. 5. Communicate effectively with exercise/fitness professionals in order to access information regarding exercise/fitness careers. 6. Break down movement skills into basic parts and develop skill progressions. 7. Describe a movement verbally, visually (words and demos), and kinesthetically utilizing the MARS acronym. 8. Evaluate different instructional styles through observation, comparison, and contrast. 9. Create and present lesson plans. 10. Perform “mini” teach backs to classmates and apply general teaching concepts to any movement discipline.