Course Content and Outcomes Guide for ED 298C Effective Fall 2021
- Course Number:
- ED 298C
- Course Title:
- Independent Projects in Education
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
Meet the outcomes mutually agreed upon by the student and instructor for the independent project.
Engage in a minimum of 90 hours in analyzing research-based practices in an educational setting.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students' progress will be evaluated and criteria for assigning a course grade based upon criteria set within the learning contract. These methods may include, but are not limited to any one or a combination of the following:
- Exams can be essay and/or objective short answer elements that emphasize integration, application and critical examination of course concepts, issues and themes.
- Short application papers on a specific concepts, issues and themes.
- Term or research papers, using a variety of strategies.
- Oral presentations resulting from research, analysis and critical evaluation.
- Participation in discussions role-plays case studies, workshops and/or other activities.
- Response papers or journals reflecting life experiences, events and social phenomena.
- Service-learning tasks.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Students will develop competencies based on the mutually agreed-upon outcomes for the project.