CCOG for CG 135T Spring 2023
- Course Number:
- CG 135T
- Course Title:
- Career Encounters: Transportation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Explores career opportunities in transportation related career technical fields through an experiential process. Showcases three to five programs. Includes lectures covering how to research information about targeted careers and the realities of the world of work. Corequisites: CG 136T.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Identify specifics about career technical professions in transportation such as physical requirements, employment opportunities, wages and length of training.
- Explore career pathways, academic expectations, shared prerequisite courses and alternative program options.
- Apply knowledge to make informed career and educational decisions.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Utilize electronic and print career resources to research and report on occupations relevant to the programs included.
- Research and identify training programs for specific occupations.
- Develop a written portfolio to further define career pathway and goals.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Online Career Guidance & Exploration Topics include: Students learn ways of gathering information about specific trade occupations including employment preparation and employment expectations. Through the use of self-awareness activities, students are able to make wise educational and occupational decisions as they plan their careers and post-secondary education. The course will include speakers (via video) from a variety of careers to further illustrate the realities of the world of work. Homework assignments, journal entries each day, what was learned, skills.