CCOG for DA 110A Winter 2024
- Course Number:
- DA 110A
- Course Title:
- Clinical Procedures IA Lecture
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Included in DA 110a will be instruction regarding clinic safety, introduction on basic microbiology, and the chain of infection
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify the steps needed to gather and document accurate patient information, vital signs, and procedures while following appropriate HIPAA protocols.
- Specify the different armamentarium in general dentistry and its uses.
- Understand how disease prevention and elimination of cross-contamination are important aspects that must be followed in a dental setting.
- Adhere to the Dental Assisting standards of professionalism and teamwork.
By completing this course along with DA 111A and DA 117 and the student will have obtained the knowledge and be prepared to sit for the Dental Assisting National Board Infection Control Examination. (DANB ICE)
Course Activities and Design
This course will be an online lecture format using D2L. Activities will include one face-to-face class, interactive power point slides, online discussion board posts, online assignments, online quizzes and a final examination.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Participation in online discussion postings
- Online quizzes
- Online examinations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Dental Assisting clinical duties
- Chart Documentation
- Vital signs
- Restorative Instruments and armametarium
- Operatory preparation and breakdown
- Anesthesia, handpiece, and bur preparation and breakdown
- Infection control and basic microbiology
- Time management
- Collect, record, and interpret patient data
- Identify the steps to take vitals on a patient
- Demonstrate knowledge of importance of maintaining patient privacy
- Differentiate armamentarium and instruments for different restorative procedures
- Demonstrate a knowledge of proper infection control measures through written examination
Identify the steps needed to gather and document accurate patient information, vital sign measurements, and procedures while following appropriate HIPAA protocols.
Discuss normal vital sign readings for patients.
Adhere to the dental assisting standards of professionalism and teamwork.
Through participation of online discussion postings.
Human RelationsHours: 1
Adhere to the dental assisting standards of professionalism and teamwork
Through participation of online discussion postings