CCOG for CTT 102 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- CTT 102
- Course Title:
- Cross-Sectional Anatomy- Head & Spine
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course is designed for radiographers in all stages of their career: whether still in school, training for a new field or furthering one's knowledge. This class offers both 1 hour of college credit and/or 12 hours of continuing education. It can be taken for a grade, as pass/no pass or as an audit. The student's grade for the course will be based on the final exam results given throughout the class. The student must earn above a 50% on the final exam for a pass mark. These both will earn Category A continuing education credits. With an audit, the student will receive Category B continuing education credits.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Differentiate between normal and abnormal sectional anatomy of the head and neck on medical images.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Cranium & Facial Bones:
1. Identify the location of each of the cranial and facial bones and their sutures.
2. Describe the structures that comprise the temporomandibular joint.
3. Identify the location of each paranasal sinus.
4. Identify the structures of the ear.
5. Identify the bones that form the orbit.
6. Describe the structures that form the globe of the eye.
7. List the muscles of the eye and describe their locations.
1. Identify the components of the ventricular system.
2. Describe the location of the components of the cerebrum.
3. Describe the location of the components of the brain stem.
4. Describe the location of the components of the cerebellum.
5. Identify the major vessels of the cranium.
6. identify the arteries of the Circle of Willis.
7. Identify the cranial nerves and their locations.
1. Identify the structures of the neck and their anatomic relationships.
2. Describe the course of the major vessels in the neck...