Course Content and Outcomes Guide for CS 233G Effective Winter 2021
- Course Number:
- CS 233G
- Course Title:
- Game Programming
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Addendum to Course Description
Students will complete an implementation of several computer games and a teamoriented final project. This work will be conducted partly in the PCC labs and partly on the student’s home PC.
Intended Outcomes for the course
On completion of this course students should be able to:
· Develop and storyboard a video game idea, and develop a design document.
· Implement a complete 2D game, including the gameplay, character design and animation, multiple levels, the user interface, and game audio.
· Implement the general outline of a 3D game, including game object kinetics and dynamics, and camera management in a three dimensional
· Use an understanding of the necessary algorithms, data structures, and optimization for successful video game development.
· Apply effective engineering methodology for game development and testing.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Overview of Computer Games
- Game Project Management
- Object-Oriented Methods for Games
- Software Design Patterns for Games
- Animation Techniques
- Simulating Physics
- Graphical Sprites
- Game Worlds
- Game Intelligence
- Analysis and presentations of Sample Games and Student Projects