Course Content and Outcomes Guide for CS 133G Effective Winter 2021
- Course Number:
- CS 133G
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Computer Games
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Intended Outcomes for the course
On completion of this course students should be able to:
Use an understanding of the cultural background of video gaming: literature, film, television, theater, and interactive arts, in order to develop good computer games.
Employ the interplay of the various disciplines involved in a successful video game: Graphic arts and Multimedia, Business, Computer Science.
Utilize an effective methodology for game development and testing, emphasizing interdisciplinary teamwork throughout.
Develop and storyboard a video game idea, and develop a rudimentary design document.
Implement a simple 2D graphics game environment and the general outline of 3D graphics game environments.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- History of game development and genres.
- Game design methodologies: proposal, storyboarding, design.
- Basics of gaming technologies: game engines, graphics, sound, and music.
- Development of some elementary 2D games
- Overview of 3D game development techniques