CCOG for CJA 265 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- CJA 265
- Course Title:
- Community Reentry for Offenders
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Focuses on factors that play and important role for successful reentry.
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Assess the needs of offenders to be released from confinement with knowledge of professional standards for reentry, related laws and community resources in support of successful reintegration into society.
2. Help garner necessary support from the community to assist and sustain exoffenders.
3. Use best practice transition planning for offenders with mental health disorders and/or drug abuse issues.
Course Activities and Design
· Classroom Lecture
· Guest speakers
· Films and videos
· Role playing scenarios
· Group discussions
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Assessments covering class discussions and reading assignments
2. Class participation and attendance
3. Research assignment on community jails
4. Successful community transition investigation and exploration
5. Class presentations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- History and purpose of offender reentry activities and programs
- Legal aspects of offender reentry
- Operation aspects such as staffing, budgets, resources and supervision
- Garnering community support
- Mental health support resources