CCOG for CJA 231 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CJA 231
- Course Title:
- Crime Scene Photography
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Covers basic settings and operations of a typical digital SLR camera and video camera. Then proceeds to advanced camera techniques and procedures to detect and photographically document a crime scene.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Photograph crime scenes with an understanding of digital and video imaging technology and evidentiary issues.
- Document crime scenes using cameras in a manner that will withstand courtroom scrutiny.
- Properly document and store photographic evidence.
Course Activities and Design
· Class lecture and demonstration
· Films and videos
· Proper Lighting
· Mock crime scene photography
· Computer assisted photography documentation
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Outcome assessment may include the following: examinations, quizzes, class participation, assignments and projects
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
· Operation of digital and video cameras
· Proper lighting
· General crime scene and evidence photography
· Bloodstain photography
· Fingerprint photography
· Photographing night scenes
· Court testimony regarding photographic evidence