CCOG for CG 145 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- CG 145
- Course Title:
- Stress Management
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Assess and analyze the symptoms, causes and effects of personal and academic stressors in order to implement appropriate stress management techniques.
2. Monitor effectiveness of stress management techniques and revise to meet current needs.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Maintain a stress awareness log. Include identification of causes, symptoms, and analysis of effects.
2. Gather information on current stress management techniques and evaluate personal relevance.
3. Practice specific techniques, track effectiveness, and revise to meet personal preferences.
4. Create an adaptable stress management plan for academic success incorporating selected techniques.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Access current information
2. Track behavior
3. Identify causes, symptoms, and effects of stress
4. Implement stress prevention techniques
Concepts, Themes, Issues
1. Barriers to stress management
2. Cultural influences of stressors and stress management
3. Time management related to stress reduction
4. Symptoms of stress
5. Sources of stress (internal and external)
6. Physical, emotional, interpersonal, and cognitive impacts of stress
7. Distress and eustress
8. Personal responsibility in stress management
9. Perception, self-talk, and distorted thinking
10. Support network
11. Coping techniques
12. Empirically supported techniques for stress management (e.g., mindfulness, autogenic training, progressive muscle relaxation, visualization, etc.)
13. Diaphragmatic breathing