CCOG for CG 144 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CG 144
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Assertiveness
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of one’s own assertiveness skills in both personal and professional environments.
- Employ assertive communication when appropriate.
- Identify strategies for managing one's emotional reaction in both personal and professional environments.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Written and/or oral assignments designed to promote integration of class material.
2. Participation in group exercise, role plays, and/or discussions.
3. Quizzes that require application of course material.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Competencies and Skills
1. How thinking impacts emotions
2. Effective listening
4. Understanding of personal rights
5. Discrimination between aggressive, passive, and assertive communication.
6. The use of "I" language
Concepts, Themes, Issues
1. Asertive communication
3. Emotional management
4. Reducing personal conflict
5. Personal rights
6. Influence of culture on assertiveness