CCOG for CG 136C Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- CG 136C
- Course Title:
- Career Encounters Lab: Construction
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Provides an immersion into construction-related career technical program classrooms, shops, and labs to learn basic skills and to participate in hands-on activities related to these industries. Presents information by content experts in all construction-type CTE programs at PCC which may include space planning and design, computer-aided design, essential construction tools, design building, and remodeling. Corequisites: CG 135C.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Follow general safety practices in each represented career technical program.
- Apply basic technical knowledge to complete project/task related to represented programs.
- Use basic introductory knowledge and skills to help make informed career decisions in the construction industry.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attend all laboratory sessions
- Complete laboratory worksheets and laboratory projects
- Demonstrate compliance with safety policies at all times