CCOG for CG 135T Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CG 135T
- Course Title:
- Career Encounters: Transportation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Identify specifics about career technical professions in transportation such as physical requirements, employment opportunities, wages and length of training.
- Explore career pathways, academic expectations, shared prerequisite courses and alternative program options.
- Apply knowledge to make informed career and educational decisions.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Utilize electronic and print career resources to research and report on occupations relevant to the programs included.
- Research and identify training programs for specific occupations.
- Develop a written portfolio to further define career pathway and goals.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Online Career Guidance & Exploration Topics include: Students learn ways of gathering information about specific trade occupations including employment preparation and employment expectations. Through the use of self-awareness activities, students are able to make wise educational and occupational decisions as they plan their careers and post-secondary education. The course will include speakers (via video) from a variety of careers to further illustrate the realities of the world of work. Homework assignments, journal entries each day, what was learned, skills.