CCOG for CG 135C Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- CG 135C
- Course Title:
- Career Encounters: Construction
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Explores career opportunities in construction-related career technical fields through an experiential process. Showcases three to five programs which may include space planning and design, computer-aided design, essential construction tools, design building, and remodeling. Includes instruction in how to research information about targeted careers and the realities of the world of work. Corequisites: CG 136C.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify specifics about career technical professions in construction such as physical requirements, employment opportunities, wages, and length of training.
- Explore career pathways, academic expectations, shared prerequisite courses, and alternative program options.
- Apply knowledge learned to make informed career and educational decisions.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Utilize electronic and print career resources to research and report on occupations relevant to the programs included.
- Research and identify training programs for specific occupations.
- Develop a written portfolio to further define career pathway and goals.