CCOG for CG 114 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CG 114
- Course Title:
- Financial Survival for College Students
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
As a result of having participated in this class students will:
- Implement a financial plan to pay for college while maximizing resources and minimizing borrowing.
- Maintain short, medium and long-term financial goals while adhering to a spending plan.
- Make informed financial decisions to avoid unnecessary financial risks and establish a strong credit portfolio.
Course Activities and Design
Teaching modalities include: lectures; PowerPoint presentations; Internet sites; individual student assignments exploring multiple aspects of personal, college and post-college finances. Class discussions; case study analyses; and student projects/assignments/presentations.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessments may address the learning outcomes by means of the following:
- Written reflection on key course concepts
- Weekly quizzes
- Final personal presentation demonstrating an understanding of the course content, and a personal financial plan
- Portfolio of learning
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Content themes include: ?
- Understanding financial information ?
- Financial planning for college and career ?
- Effective financial decision making
- Funding college
- Wise use of credit
- Debt control
- Basic financial planning
- Ethical personal and financial conduct
- Resolve credit problems
Skills include: ?
- Locate financial information utilizing the Internet ?
- Calculate interest rates and re-payment amounts ?
- Evaluate various types of credit, credit costs, and ways to utilize credit advantageously ?
- Manage personal credit information and credit rating/scores
- Create a spending plan