CCOG for CCET 270 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- CCET 270
- Course Title:
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces the concepts of code-based inspection for field testing on construction sites. Includes research on relevant municipal, state and federal codes. Covers application of codes in materials testing, erosion control and water systems. Prerequisites: CCET 120, CCET 215 and CCET 225. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Research relevant requirements in government municipality, county, and state construction codes.
- Apply relevant code that takes precedent based on locality.
- Assess soil testing results and erosion control practices.
- Assess hazards of an active construction site including trenching, excavation, traffic control and protection.
- Perform construction asset inspection.