CCOG for CCET 240 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CCET 240
- Course Title:
- Introduction to 3D Modeling for Civil & Construction
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces 3D computer-based drafting in support of infrastructure construction. Includes the integration of data from existing databases and from topographic surveying. Incorporates output of construction views, profiles and sheets. Prerequisites: CCET 140 and (CCET 210 or ENGR 226) and MTH 112 or any MTH course for which MTH 112 is a prerequisite or department approval. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Convert 2D data into 3D models for civil and/or construction documentation.
- Create detailed surveys using point groups from survey and coordinate geometry data.
- Locate construction limits through the interpretation of parcel information.
- Incorporate field measurements into civil and/or construction drawings using computer-based surveying tools.
- Create plan sheets for civil and/or construction projects.