CCOG for CADD 285 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CADD 285
- Course Title:
- Advanced Inventor
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Demonstrate competency with advanced multiple drawing and modification commands in
2. Create three-dimensional solid models.
3. Create three-dimensional assemblies incorporating multiple solid models
4. Apply industry standards in the preparation of technical mechanical drawings.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Individual and full class discussion; lab drawing assignments; exams; and final project deliverables may be used to assess outcomes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Advanced Modeling options
2. Data Management
3. Using Adaptive Behavior
4. Advanced Lofting / Sweeping
5. Template File creation and Editing
6. Advanced Drafting Options
7. Creating and Using Design Elements
8. Creating and Using iParts and iMates
9. Using Excel files with Inventor
10. Creating and applying Design Views
11. Creating and editing Presentation Files
12. Sheet metal Part Creation and editing
13. Surfacing Tools
THEMES, CONCEPTS, AND ISSUES:
1. Industrial, manufacturing, mechanical and other drafting technology students must be able to visualize and graphically reproduce complex layouts to succeed in subsequent drafting and design courses.
2. Drafting Designers and Engineers need to be able to communicate with each other, and with manufacturing and construction personnel, using graphical representations of physical objects.
3. AutoCAD design software is widely used in the drafting technology professions.
4. Many drafting graduates enter the workplace by performing computerized graphics manipulations.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
The student will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively using computerized graphical techniques.
2. Demonstrate advanced competency using AutoCAD Inventor graphics software.
3. Create solid models for use in subsequent drafting courses or within industry.
4. Create a portfolio of AutoCAD Inventor drawings to demonstrate their abilities.