CCOG for CADD 160 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CADD 160
- Course Title:
- Drafting Fundamentals
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
1. Apply hand sketching skills in the development of technical mechanical drawings.
2. Apply industry standards in the development of technical mechanical drawings.
3. Incorporate and articulate appropriate specific industry vocabulary within the technical
Course Activities and Design
Drafting Fundamentals is designed to acquaint the student with a fundamental understanding of drawing techniques. Emphasis will be placed on the sketching techniques, lettering, orthographic projection, auxiliaries, sections, and pictorials.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Evaluation procedures and grading will be discussed on the first day of class. Units of instruction begin with a lecture presentation followed by lab application, which may include individual instruction. Lab drawing assignments, exams and quizzes, and projects may be used to assess outcomes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Alphabet of lines: Produce mechanical drawings using the appropriate line types which will include:
- object (visible)
- center, extension, dimension, leader
- cutting plane
3.0 ORTHOGRAPHIC PROJECTION
- Principal views: Produce drawings demonstrating the six principal views and how they are projected.
- Layout of Views: Proper technique for the layout of objects with features including:
- incline surfaces
4.0 AUXILIARY VIEWS
- Produce drawings demonstrating when an auxiliary view is needed.
- Demonstrate the proper technique for the layout of an auxiliary view.
5.0 SECTIONS AND CONVENTIONS
- Conventions: Demonstrate the proper method of depicting features including:
- conventional edges
- Sections: Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of sections including:< >full sectionhalf sectionbroken-out sectionremoved sectionrevolved sectionassembly sectionFeatures in section, including:ribsspokeslugsholesstructural materialsIsometric construction: Use the appropriate techniques in the construction of isometric drawings with the following surfaces or features.
- Oblique construction: Use the appropriate techniques in the construction of oblique drawings with the following surfaces or features: